Recent Posts

Top Five Favorite Male Characters

1. Ian Thornton - Almost Heaven (Judith McNaught)

2. Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)

3. Michael Moscovitz - Princess Diaries (Meg Cabot)

4. Alex Fuentes - Perfect Chemistry (Simone Elkeles)

5. Sirius Black* - Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling)

After much deliberation, I have finally come up with my top five favorite male book characters of all time (well up to the present that is).

So what do most of themhave in common? Aside from their looks? Is it because two of them have a partner named Elizabeth? Or that two of them have photographic memory?

I was trying to analyze what makes me admire a fictional male protagonist and after reading Elkeles' Perfect Chemistry I think I understood what I look for in a hero (or rather what draws me to one):

HE HAS TO BE SMART. there.

1. Ian - Photographic memory, good in numbers, business, etc. The guy's a genius.

2. Mr. Darcy - I can't remember if I read about him being smart, but I'm guessing he is smart because how will he be THAT rich if he wasn't?

3. Michael - KYAAAA~ A computer geek and a genius. He was my crush during high school (the Princess Diaries series was our bible during that time).

4. Alex - thanks to him I realize my preference for male characters. It took his photographic memory, an A grade in chemistry and a discovery of a cure for Alzheimer's to prove it. LOL.

5. Sirius - he is a special case. I love Sirius and he would have ranked third or fourth but I decided to put him in fifth because I have this romantic inkling with the first four guys, while what I have for Padfoot is pure respect (and admiration) ;)

Aside from being smart, there are numerous reasons why I love them but it will take time to enumerate them all! haha.

No comments:

Template by Zi. Powered by Blogger.