Recent Posts

Rock stars? bring them on!


x-posted on my wordpress blog.
So after reading, obsessing and drooling about rock stars in books, I decided to search about them.
Fact #1. I am not a fan of music.
Fact #2. The only music I appreciate is pop (or love songs, I don’t even know if it is the right term)
Hypothesis #1. So if you combine facts 1 & 2 it will amount to saying that there will never be a chance that I will be a fan of rock or that I know something about rock.
Fact #3. I am slowly learning about them rock bands!
Before the only rock band I knew of were Linkin Park, Guns n Roses and Bon Jovi. By knowing, it meant I know them through names only (and a few of their songs). Now, I know that Matchbox 20 is a rock band, as well as Queen! HAHAHA.
Okay. If ever you have read a book about rock stars you will probably know that they are portrayed as: hot, gorgeous, players, talented, bad asses, covered with tats, into groupies, and the likes. From the limited pictures of rock stars that I saw, I can not even remember anyone who closely resembled any of the images projected in books (honestly all I can think of is Adam Levine and Maroon 5 is not that much of a hard rock band right?!). So I did a little digging of my own and well, well, well, I discovered some pretty hot rock stars! LOL
To help you girls with your imagination and to prove that rock star sex gods do actually exist, here they are (and btw, they are not all from rock bands, I just have to include them)
In no particular order:



1. Richie Sambora (lead guitarist, Bon Jovi)







2. Jon Bon Jovi (lead singer, Bon Jovi)






3. Gavin Rossdale (lead singer, Bush) – Gwen Stefani’s beau







4. David Cassidy







5. Robin Zander (lead singer, Cheap Trick)







6. Tom Keifer (vocalist, Cinderella) – i dunno if he’s really hot :P






7. John Taylor (bass guitarist, Duran Duran) – yummm.






8. Brent Muscat (guitarist, Faster Pussycat) – I don’t even know why I included him! :D






9. Axl Rose (vocalist, Guns N’ Roses) – I don’t care how bad the rumors are about his personality/attitude but waddahell, during his prime he is one of the hottest rock stars out there! And he was so pretty when he was young.




10. Kurt Cobain (lead singer, Nirvana) – Kurt, oh dear Kurt. I love you. I was four when you left this world, wasn’t that unfortunate? Tell me, am I right that Tiffanie de Bartolo patterned Paul’s character after him in How to Kill a Rockstar? The pancreas bit, weird clothing, the diary/voice journal, and Kurt’s demise (the title of the book)? If it is so, I think HtKaRs is a new favorite of mine.
How I wish someone was there to give light to Kurt during the darkest point of his life.




11. Phil Lewis (vocalist, L.A. Guns)







12. Robert Plant (vocalist, Led Zeppelin)







13. Jimmy Page (guitarist, Led Zeppelin)







14. Eddie Vedder (lead singer, Pearl Jam)






15. Nick Huxom (vocalist, 311)




There you have it! Honestly, I have not heard any song of most of the bands included here, I only included them primarily due to their looks and rock star appeal (though that is about to change since I am DL-ing some of these bands’ live tours).
Notice that most of the pictures were of the men on their early years? Well, everyone gets old. I wish I was there during the golden age of rock :)
I will definitely include “watching a live rock tour” in my bucket list!
Perhaps I’ll make a separate post on my top five favorite rock stars? But for now they will be:
Kurt, John, Axl, Eddie and Richie.
p.s. the pictures used in this post does not belong to me, I found them on google. Credits to the people who own them.

No comments:

Template by Zi. Powered by Blogger.